"Relief of poverty, relief of illness; relief of doubt, relief of ignorance--relief of all that hinders the joy and progress of a woman."
--John A Widtsoe

Thursday, March 7, 2013

One-to-Ten: Filling My Reservoir Exercise

For those of you still getting started on your self-reflection, how about starting your journal with an easy One-to-Ten exercise? So...

On a scale of 1 to 10, I am...

A. Physical Health

  1. My health is terrible. It is a great surprise that I am not dead.
  2. Oh dear. My health is so bad, it will kill me soon.
  3. I'm tired all the time, I get sick often, I'm terribly overweight or underweight.
  4. I manage, but only just.
  5. I know what I should do, but don't do better.
  6. I do okay, but could do better.
  7. I eat a healthy diet and get some exercise, but there is room for improvement.
  8. I have plenty of energy and sleep well at night.
  9. I am in fine form and recover quickly from illness.
  10. I am an elite athlete.

B. Spiritual Wellbeing

  1. I can't be bothered.
  2. I believe in Christ, but don't do anything about it.
  3. I know the Gospel is true. I go to church. Isn't that enough?
  4. I pray whenever I remember. I went to Seminary once.
  5. I am afraid. Sometimes I let my fear get the better of me.
  6. I do okay, but could up my game a little.
  7. I want to serve. Really, I do.
  8. Prayer is a daily necessity and I thirst for the knowledge in the Scriptures.
  9. The Gospel fills my every day with joy.
  10. I give my all in the Name of Christ.

C. Financial Standing

  1. Oh boy, I am so far in debt, my great-grandchildren will be paying it off.
  2. I have been very foolish with money. I haven't a clue how to manage.
  3. I have plenty of debts and not sure if I'll ever be out of debt.
  4. I never have enough money.
  5. I break even, most of the time.
  6. I keep my debts firmly in check.
  7. I manage my debts and have a little left over for savings.
  8. I am financially secure with only a mortgage.
  9. I am financially secure with no debt.
  10. I am independently wealthy.

D. Skill Toolbox

  1. I'm useless and a liability.
  2. I'd rather someone else took care of everything.
  3. Wenever a crisis arises, I panic.
  4. I wish I was more competent in more things.
  5. I can handle a few things, but leave everything else to someone else.
  6. I'm upskilling.
  7. I am competent generally.
  8. I am confident I can figure out how to solve something.
  9. I am prepared to handle life.
  10. I always know what to do when anything come my way.

E. Dreaming

  1. Reality is as it is and we should all accept that.
  2. I don't know why I'd bother. It's not like I can do anything about it.
  3. I wish I could do something about it.
  4. Wouldn't it be nice if...?
  5. A girl can dream, can't she? By gum, I'm gonna dream.
  6. I imagine myself being what I want to be.
  7. Someday I will be better than I am.
  8. Think of all the wonderful things I could do!
  9. The world is my oyster, should I wish it.
  10. The sky's the limit! Someday I shall be Queen of the Universe.

F. Motivation

  1. I can't/won't do anything about that.
  2. I'll do something about it later.
  1. I'm going to do something right now.