For those of you still getting started on your self-reflection, how about starting your journal with an easy One-to-Ten exercise? So...
On a scale of 1 to 10, I am...
A. Physical Health
- My health is terrible. It is a great surprise that I am not dead.
- Oh dear. My health is so bad, it will kill me soon.
- I'm tired all the time, I get sick often, I'm terribly overweight or underweight.
- I manage, but only just.
- I know what I should do, but don't do better.
- I do okay, but could do better.
- I eat a healthy diet and get some exercise, but there is room for improvement.
- I have plenty of energy and sleep well at night.
- I am in fine form and recover quickly from illness.
- I am an elite athlete.
B. Spiritual Wellbeing
- I can't be bothered.
- I believe in Christ, but don't do anything about it.
- I know the Gospel is true. I go to church. Isn't that enough?
- I pray whenever I remember. I went to Seminary once.
- I am afraid. Sometimes I let my fear get the better of me.
- I do okay, but could up my game a little.
- I want to serve. Really, I do.
- Prayer is a daily necessity and I thirst for the knowledge in the Scriptures.
- The Gospel fills my every day with joy.
- I give my all in the Name of Christ.
C. Financial Standing
- Oh boy, I am so far in debt, my great-grandchildren will be paying it off.
- I have been very foolish with money. I haven't a clue how to manage.
- I have plenty of debts and not sure if I'll ever be out of debt.
- I never have enough money.
- I break even, most of the time.
- I keep my debts firmly in check.
- I manage my debts and have a little left over for savings.
- I am financially secure with only a mortgage.
- I am financially secure with no debt.
- I am independently wealthy.
D. Skill Toolbox
- I'm useless and a liability.
- I'd rather someone else took care of everything.
- Wenever a crisis arises, I panic.
- I wish I was more competent in more things.
- I can handle a few things, but leave everything else to someone else.
- I'm upskilling.
- I am competent generally.
- I am confident I can figure out how to solve something.
- I am prepared to handle life.
- I always know what to do when anything come my way.
- Reality is as it is and we should all accept that.
- I don't know why I'd bother. It's not like I can do anything about it.
- I wish I could do something about it.
- Wouldn't it be nice if...?
- A girl can dream, can't she? By gum, I'm gonna dream.
- I imagine myself being what I want to be.
- Someday I will be better than I am.
- Think of all the wonderful things I could do!
- The world is my oyster, should I wish it.
- The sky's the limit! Someday I shall be Queen of the Universe.
- I can't/won't do anything about that.
- I'll do something about it later.
- I'm going to do something right now.